Friday, March 11, 2011

Brick and Mortar

Okay so lately I've got the art and craft show fever. I don't know why maybe it's all the snow we've had this winter. As I write this we just got another 6 inches of snow. I thought it was supposed to be spring? I'm an outdoor person and can't wait to get out there!

With all of that said, I've been searching for some good shows. Shows that are well attended, advertised, and organized well. It's hard to know which ones fit that criteria based on a small portion of internet information. I have looked for past show vendor lists for a few that I'm interested in, but for some I can't find a thing.... it's frustrating to say the least. I am interested in Discover Presque Isle Days and think I am just going to take the leap. It's beautiful there in the summer and we'll camp. Is there anything better than that?

 I applied to Handmade Arcade, but sadly :( was not accepted. I was really hoping to get in with my Letter Photography, since right now I am promoting my Pittsburgh Series of letters. But, alas my hometown didn't accept me. It's ok they did send a very nice email stating that they had an overwhelming number of applications and only had 100 vendor spots. They also reminded me to reapply, which I will do. I'm a steel town girl born and breed. It's great to know that the DIY movement is alive and well in Pittsburgh, Pa. Don't forget to visit the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on Saturday April 16, 2011 for the Handmade Arcade!

I'm sure your wondering why I named this post Brick and Mortar if I've been talking about getting out to some shows... Well, I ran across some photos I recently took of some of my designs in the Gifted Hands Gift Shop where I have my things and just thought I would share those with you. I would still like to spotlight Artisans that share the shop, so look for that with great photos in the future! So without further ado..... the photos.....









If anyone knows of any great shows to do please leave me a comment in the comment section....

Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

  1. Are you talking about Presque Isle, Maine? I grew up outside of Bangor! :) Love the idea- Not sure where you are but their are some great craft fairs In Southern NH throughout the summer/ fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    I was talking about Presque Isle in Erie, Pa. I'm in Pennsylvania. Just trying to find some good ones! Thanks for following and if you find any let me know!

    ReplyDelete