Monday, February 21, 2011

Precious Pedestals

I've been busy working on some new prints for Mother's day and Father's day. I will be releasing them soon. In the meantime I have also been working on a few new pedestals. I realized that I began the blog with a blog about my Letter Photography and not alot about my Precious Pedestals. I love making them, but even more so I love the search for the materials that I use to make them. I scour second hand stores for plates, candlesticks, glasses, and bowls. Anything I can use that is different. I hit the jackpot the other day with my daughter finding two beautiful milk glass pieces. I made a pedestal out of it last week.

I think I have the most fun when I find unusual plates or bases. When I do, I can't wait to get them put together and it seems customers can't wait to buy them :).





My pedestals have been used for dessert pedestals, fruit bowls, jewelry holders, holders for fancy soaps in the bathroom, business card holders and the list continues. They look beautiful in your home and they make a great gift for that someone who seems to have everything.

I use some new and some used items. I love the fact that I can make these out of upcycled items that I find in my travels, so the next time your out keep your eyes open for discarded treasures. You never know what they can be used for!
Here are a few more pics of new Precious Pedestals. Tell me what you think?






I'm linking up at.....

Tidy Mom

1 comment:

  1. Your pedestals are beautiful. I love the one with the blue and white plate, it reminds me of my mums kitchen x

    ReplyDelete